How-To Make Resin Art
Epoxy resin art includes the design, creation, refinement and redesign of pictures, sculptures, and jewellery. You can also coat finished works of art with resin to produce a high-gloss finish and to protect their colours from fading. When doing art, it is important to work with high-quality epoxy resin.
Always choose solvent-free, crystal clear, and high-durable resin from EPODEX!
Cast Figurines & Sculptures
With EPODEX PRO+ you can achieve casting depths of up to 5 cm in one cast. It is therefore the ideal choice in making figurines or sculptures. Either use a purchased silicone mould or make one yourself according to our instructions. You can use pigments or small objects to mix or embed in the resin. Once cured, take the figurine out of the silicone mould and enjoy your unique piece of epoxy resin art!
Create your own unique resin paintings using a steady hand technique. Resin painting is also known as acrylic pouring, which is an application technique where acrylic paint is poured onto a canvas. First, the colours are poured into a container, like a cup, in layers, one after the other. The beautiful patterns created by pouring are reminiscent of the annual rings of trees.
This technique can also be applied with epoxy resin, resulting in a glossy, resistant, and durable surface. You can coat your acrylic pictures with epoxy resin as well. You will then get a topcoat that combines brilliant colours with maximum protection. We recommend to using our EPODEX ECO (semi-transparent), or EPODEX PRO (crystal clear & UV-resistant) systems for your resin paintings.
- Resin to coat, laminate and repair
- Layer thickness: 0,1-1cm
- Clear, frost stable and BPA-free
- Use: Coating (floor, table etc.), making of terrarium/aquarium, stone carpet, jewellery making and much more
- Coating and casting resin
- Layer thickness: 0,1-2cm
- Crystal clear, UV stabilised, VOC- and BPA-free
- Use: Coating (floor, table etc.), jewellery and decorative object making, artwork sealing and much more
- Everything great! Especially the telephone contact. I would find it helpful if more videos were included. Explanations of what you have to consider. 03.10.2020
- There was a small problem with my last delivery, which was fixed immediately after a short call without any problems. 01.09.2020
- Website very informative, product selection is also very interesting, the order was also delivered in a few days. 22.08.2020
Resin Art with Doming Effects
The term doming effect refers to a curved or three-dimensional surface coating, which has a highly transparent appearance. By applying it in layers, you can achieve spectacular effects of depth. Our casting resins ECO & PRO are ideally suited for the implementation of a doming effect on pictures and 3D floors. Depending on the intended coating thickness, it is advised to build a frame around the artwork to prevent the resin from dripping down tje edges. This process is comparable to the casting of a river table.
Coat Artwork with Epoxy Resin
With epoxy resin your able to coat your self-made artwork and alter their look. The epoxy coat makes the surface scratch, UV, and stain resistant prolonging the durability of your artwork. By using coloured resin, you can create a completely new look by reinventing your piece of art. There are no limits to your imagination & artistic freedom when working with epoxy resin by EPODEX.