EPODEX – ECO hardener
The ECO hardener B-component must be mixed with the ECO resin A-component before use. The ECO system, consisting of resin and hardener, is suitable for a wide range of applications such as civil, electrical and mechanical egineering. It is a classic coating, laminating and repairing epoxy resin. It can be used as casting resin in layers up to 1cm thick. Coat your floors, table tops and other objects. Our EPODEX ECO system is miscible with all our colour pimgents.
Instructions for use
- Always start with an epoxy resin primer to avoid high material loss and blistering (layer thickness: 0,2-0,5mm). To do so, simply use a portion of the same clear epoxy resin (to prime floors and other coloured substrates we recommend to use our water-based epoxy resin EPOXY PRIMER system).
- Mix the ECO resin A-component with the ECO hardener B-component in a ratio of 2:1 (e.g. 2kg resin: 1kg hardener).
- Stir through the edge and bottom of the mixing cup as material will settle there. Ideally, pour into a clean mixing cup and mix again until the mixture is streak-free. This ensures that the resin A-component and hardener B-component are completely mixed together.
- Pour the resin-hardener mixture onto the surface to be coated immediately after mixing, as the product can start to boil in the mixing cup.
- Paint the epoxy primer with a paint roller or brush on the desired surface. We recommend rollers made of polyamide.
- Let the primer cure for about 20h.
- Continue with the main coating in the same way. We recommend a maximum casting height of 1cm per layer. Casting above 1cm can lead to overheating, yellowing, cracking and deformation of the material. To acchieve a total thickness of more than 1cm, we recommand casting the next 1cm layer after about 6 hours.
- If you select a colour on this product page, you will receive dyes or colour pigments in addition to the resin and hardener.
- To colour the main coating, mix the supplied colour with the resin A-component or with resin-hardener mixture. Adjust the colour intensity individually by adding more or less colour pigments.
- The epoxy resin can be touched and is accessible by foot after 20 hours and is chemically fully cured after about 7 days.
- You can find more detailed information in our information table under the “Learn more” button on this product page.
Determine the required amount of resin neened with the help of our epoxy resin “Epoxy calculator” on this product page.
Recommended thicknesses when coating floors and other surfaces
- Overall coating (primer + main coating): approx. 1,65-2,20kg/sqm for layer thicknesses of 1,5-2mm
- Primer: approx. 0,22-0,55kg/sqm for layer thickness of 0,2-0,5mm
- Main layer: approx. 1,10-1,65kg/sqm for layer thicknesses of 1-1,5mm
Recommended amount of colouring agent per kg of resin+hardener:
- Powder pigments (Metallic, Neon und Glow in the dark): 1,5% (15g),
- Transparent dyes (except white and grey): 60 drops (1,8g),
- Transparent white and grey dyes: 20 drops dye (0,6g),
- Semi-transparent dyes (except white): 40 drops (1,2g) of the desired colour und 20 drops (0,6g) of white dye,
- Semi-transparent white: 60 drops of white dye (1,8g)
- RAL solid colour: 1% (10g)
- Glitter pigments: 1% (10g)
Customer Service: If you have further questions, please contact us by phone, e-mail or use our WhatsApp support.
Note: Please note that due to different lighting conditions and monitors, the colours may not be uniformly displayed. All information is recommendations based on our experience; without legal obligation.
B-component Danger: Reaction product: 3-aminomethyl-3,5,5-trimethylcyclohexylamine and 4,4′-isopropylidenediphenol, oligomeric reaction products with 1-chloro-2,3-epoxypropane m-phenylenebis (methylamine) salicylic acid.
B-component Danger: Harmful if inhaled, swallowed or in contact with skin. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. May cause allergic skin reactions. Harmful / Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Avoid release to the environment. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or physician. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. Dispose of contents and container in accordance with all local, regional, national or international regulations.