EPODEX – PRO resin
The PRO resin A-component must be mixed with either the PRO hardener B-component or the PRO+ hardener B-component. The resin-hardener systems are suitable for different applications, depending on which hardener you used. The PRO resin and PRO hardener make together a high-quality coating and casting epoxy resin. You can use the PRO System for coating substrates such as floors and tables. It is also suitable as a sealant for artwork, tables and worktops. It is perfect to make jewellery and small decorative objects up to 2cm pouring height. The PRO resin and the PRO+ hardener make together a high quality casting resin system, designed to make river table and other large objects. Both systems can be mixed with all our colour pigments.
Instructions for use
- Always start with an epoxy resin primer to avoid high material loss and blistering (layer thickness: 0,2-0,5mm). To do so, simply use a portion of the same clear epoxy resin (to prime floors and other coloured substrates we recommend to use our water-based epoxy resin EPOXY PRIMER system).
- Mix the PRO resin A-component with the PRO hardener B-component in a ratio of 2:1 (e.g. 2kg resin: 1kg hardener).
- Stir through the edge and bottom of the mixing cup as material will settle there. Ideally, pour into a clean mixing cup and mix again until the mixture is streak-free. This ensures that the resin A-component and hardener B-component are completely mixed together.
- Pour the resin-hardener mixture onto the surface to be coated immediately after mixing, as the product can start to boil in the mixing cup.
- Paint the epoxy primer with a paint roller or brush on the desired surface. We recommend rollers made of polyamide.
- Let the primer cure. The curing time varies depending on the temperature and layer thickness. Please refer to our information table under the“Learn more” button, which can be find on this product page.
- Continue with the main coating in the same way. If you select a colour on this product page, you will receive dyes or colour pigments in addition to the resin and hardener.
- To colour the main coating, mix the supplied colour with the resin A-component or with resin-hardener mixture. Adjust the colour intensity individually by adding more or less colour pigments.
- The epoxy resin can be touched and is accessible by foot after 16-24hours and is chemically fully cured after about 7 days.
- You can find more detailed information in our information table under the “Learn more” button on this product page.
Determine the required amount of resin neened with the help of our epoxy resin “Epoxy calculator” on this product page.
Recommended thicknesses when coating floors and other surfaces
- Overall coating (primer + main coating): approx. 1,65-2,20kg/sqm for layer thicknesses of 1,5-2mm
- Primer: approx. 0,22-0,55kg/sqm for layer thickness of 0,2-0,5mm
- Main layer: approx. 1,10-1,65kg/sqm for layer thicknesses of 1-1,5mm
Recommended amount of colouring agent per kg of resin+hardener:
- Powder pigments (Metallic, Neon und Glow in the dark): 1,5% (15g),
- Transparent dyes (except white and grey): 60 drops (1,8g),
- Transparent white and grey dyes: 20 drops dye (0,6g),
- Semi-transparent dyes (except white): 40 drops (1,2g) of the desired colour und 20 drops (0,6g) of white dye,
- Semi-transparent white: 60 drops of white dye (1,8g)
- RAL solid colour: 1% (10g)
- Glitter pigments: 1% (10g)
Customer Service: If you have further questions, please contact us by phone, e-mail or use our WhatsApp support.
Note: Please note that due to different lighting conditions and monitors, the colours may not be uniformly displayed. All information is recommendations based on our experience; without legal obligation.
PRO (A-component) Attention: reaction product: bis- [4- (2,3-epoxypropoxi) phenyl] propane oxirane, mono [(C12-14-alkyloxy) methyl] derivative
A-component Danger Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye irritation. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. Avoid release to the environment. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Dispose of contents and container in accordance with all local, regional, national or international regulations.