EPODEX – SEALER & PRIMER System
The EPODEX SEALER & PRIMER system is a water-based, 2-component epoxy resin system. This system is used as a primer, surface sealant and for coating substrates such as floors, tables and walls. It is applied in thin layers of approx. 0,3mm in one or two steps. Depending on room and material temperature, the coating is dry and cured after approx. 20 hours. Our EPODEX SEALER & PRIMER system is miscible with all our RAL colour paste.
Instructions for use
- Shake the resin A-component thoroughly before use.
- Mix the resin A-component with the hardener B-component in a ratio of 1:1. It is possible to add min. 30% to max. 50% water to the resin-hardener mixture to dilute the material (this is recommended for large surfaces and/or elevated temperatures).
- If you select a colour on this product page, you will receive colour paste in addition to the resin and hardener.
- To colour the epoxy, mix 1% of the supplied colour with the resin-hardener mixture.
- Stir through the edge and bottom of the mixing cup as material will settle there. Ideally, pour into a clean mixing cup and mix again until the mixture is streak-free. This ensures that the resin A-component and hardener B-component are completely mixed together.
- Pour the resin-hardener mixture onto the surface to be coated or into a paint tray immediately after mixing, as the mixture will thicken in mixing cup.
- Roll the material thinly onto the desired surface with a foam roller. We recommend a layer thickness of approx. 0,2-0,3mm.
- Let the primer dry and cure for about 20h. The curing time may vary depending on the temperature of room, material and substrate.
- Continue with the main coating. To do so, you can apply a second layer of SEALER & PRIMER the same way or continue with one of our coating resin (ECO or PRO system). Allow the second layer to dry and cure again for about 20 hours.. You can find more detailed information in our information table under the “Learn more” button on this product page.
Determine the required amount of resin neened with the help of our epoxy resin “Epoxy calculator” on this product page.
Recommended thicknesses when coating floors and other surfaces
- Overall (primer and main layer with the SEALER & PRIMER): 0,4-0,6mm
- Primer with the SEALER & PRIMER: 0,2-0,3mm
- Main layer with the SEALER & PRIMER: 0,2-0,3mm
Customer Service: If you have further questions, please contact us by phone, e-mail or use our WhatsApp support.
Note: Please note that due to different lighting conditions and monitors, the colours may not be uniformly displayed. All information is recommendations based on our experience; without legal obligation.
3-Aminomethyl-3,5,5-trimethyl-cyclohexylamin reaction product: 2,2‘-[(1-methylethylidene)bis(4,1-phenyleneoxymethylene)]bisoxirane; Oxirane, 2-methyl-, polymer with oxirane, 2-aminopropyl methyl ether and 3-aminomethyl-3,5,5-trimethylcyclohexylamine
A-componentDanger Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye irritation. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. Avoid release to the environment. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Dispose of contents and container in accordance with all local, regional, national or international regulations.
B-component Danger: Harmful if inhaled, swallowed or in contact with skin. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. May cause allergic skin reactions. Harmful / Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Avoid release to the environment. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or physician. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. Dispose of contents and container in accordance with all local, regional, national or international regulations.