RAL 1005 Honey yellow – epoxy resin
EPODEX® epoxy resin in RAL 1005 Honey yellow is a solvent-free and universally applicable two-component epoxy resin. Included in delivery are resin and hardener with already colored resin component. The color is completely opaque. Processing recommendations can be found on this product page.
EPODEX epoxy resin
EPODEX epoxy resin is a crystal-clear, solvent-free and high-gloss two-component epoxy resin. As a universal system, it is ideal for a variety of applications. From construction, through electrical engineering, to mechanical and furniture engineering. Simply coat your floors, tabletops and other items. Isolate electrical circuits and terminal points. No matter what your project, EPODEX epoxy resin will help you. Order our epoxy resin crystal clear or colored. Our resin is miscible with all our color pigments.
Possible purposes and areas:
- Priming, coating and sealing of floors (industrial floors, garage floors etc.), tables and other objects
- Production of jewelery, moldings and furniture
- Use in aircraft, ship and model construction
- Production / coating of aquariums, terrariums, ponds and swimming pools
- Use in mortar, screed and putty
- Repair of vehicle parts
- Bonding and sealing of concrete, wood, plastic, hard foam, natural stone, fiberglass and other materials
- Application examples can be found in the gallery.
Application of the epoxy resin
We recommend use of the epoxy resin at a temperature of at least + 10 ° C. The resin is delivered in color. Mix the color concentrate well in the resin container. Mix until the bottom of the container shows no color deposits. Mix the contents of the resin (A) with the contents of the hardener (B) in the ratio 2: 1 (A: B) and then mix the epoxy resin for 3 minutes. Due to the curing process, process the material immediately after mixing. Attention! Use the blended material quickly and do not store in the blender. Do not use the mixing cup again when mixing again. Store the material at temperatures between 10 ° C and 30 ° C. Storage over a period of 12 months does not lead to a reduction in use under favorable storage conditions.
Mix the included color pigment with the hardener.
- Mixing ratio by weight: 2: 1 resin (A): hardener (B) Example: 100g resin + 50g hardener
- Consumption for primer: 0.2-0.5 kg / m² per coat, depending on the nature of the sub-area
- Consumption with main coating: 1.0-3.0 kg / m² per coat, depending on the nature of the lower gut
- Mixing viscosity: 410 mPa.s at 25 ° C
- Pot life (100g reaction mixture, initial temperature 23 ° C): 40 ° C after approx. 25 minutes
- Maximum temperature: 160 ° C after approx. 40 minutes
Recommended minimum coating per kg (floor and table coatings):
Use Uni-color as primer (primer) * e.g. for metallic epoxy resin
Use Uni-color as the main coating
Recommended minimum consumption per area
*Note: When coating floors and tables, we recommend first painting the epoxy resin as a primer layer on the substrate. The primer seals the surface so no moisture and grease can escape. On the other hand, the primer reduces the material consumption and provides a better primer for the main coating. For epoxy in metallic colors, the color of the primer determines the final color effect. Poured on a black, white or brown background, the color effect may be different. Therefore, we recommend an epoxy primer with one of our solid colors, especially when coating floors and tables. To do this, paint the epoxy resin on your floor / table in a color-covering manner. Allow the primer to dry for 1-2 hours and then continue with the main coat.
- Easy to use
- Minor loss after the order
- Solvent-free, UV-resistant and crystallization-stable
- High transparency (crystal clear, crystal clear)
- High wetting ability
- Very high bond strength on most surfaces
- Excellent fiber management
- High mechanical and chemical resistance