EPODEX – PRO+ System
The epoxy resin PRO+ system is suitable for a wide range of applications. It is our high quality casting resin designed to make river tables and other large items. The PRO+ system is miscible with all our colour pigment.
Instructions for Use
- Always start with an epoxy resin primer to avoid high material loss and blistering (layer thickness: 0,2-0,5mm). To do so, simply use a portion of the same clear epoxy resin. As an alternative, you can also use our PRO system for the primer. The PRO system has the advantage to be designed for thinner layers and cures within 16-24hours.
- Mix the PRO resin A-component with the PRO+ hardener B-component in a ratio of 2:1 (e.g. 2kg resin: 1kg hardener).
- Stir through the edge and bottom of the mixing cup as material will settle there. Ideally, pour into a clean mixing cup and mix again until the mixture is streak-free. This ensures that the resin A-component and hardener B-component are completely mixed together.
- Paint the epoxy primer with a paint roller or brush on the desired surface. We recommend rollers made of polyamide.
- Let the primer cure. The curing time varies depending on the temperature and layer thickness. . Please refer to our information table under the“Learn more” button, which can be find on this product page.
- Continue with the main coating in the same way. Pour the resin-hardener mixture up to 5cm deep. If the area to be poured is small (e.g. 10x10cm) and the room temperature is low (15°C), you can pour up to 30cm deep at once.
- If you select a colour on this product page, you will receive dyes or colour pigments in addition to the resin and hardener.
- To colour the main coating, mix the supplied colour with the resin A-component or with resin-hardener mixture. Adjust the colour intensity individually by adding more or less colour pigments.
- The epoxy resin can be touched and is accessible by footafter 72hours and is chemically fully cured after about 7-14 days.
- You can find more detailed information in our information table under the “Learn more” button on this product page.
Determine the required amount of resin neened with the help of our epoxy resin “Epoxy calculator” on this product page.
Recommended amount of colouring agent per kg of resin+hardener:
- Powder pigments (Metallic, Neon und Glow in the dark): 1,5% (15g),
- Transparent dyes (except white and grey): 60 drops (1,8g),
- Transparent white and grey dyes: 20 drops dye (0,6g),
- Semi-transparent dyes (except white): 40 drops (1,2g) of the desired colour und 20 drops (0,6g) of white dye,
- Semi-transparent white: 60 drops of white dye (1,8g)
- RAL solid colour: 1% (10g)
Customer Service: If you have further questions, please contact us by phone, e-mail or use our WhatsApp support.
Note: Please note that due to different lighting conditions and monitors, the colours may not be uniformly displayed. All information is recommendations based on our experience; without legal obligation.
PRO (A-component) Attention: reaction product: bis- [4- (2,3-epoxypropoxi) phenyl] propane oxirane, mono [(C12-14-alkyloxy) methyl] derivative.
PRO+ (B-component) Danger: Reaction product: polyoxyalkyleneamine.
A-componentDanger Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye irritation. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. Avoid release to the environment. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Dispose of contents and container in accordance with all local, regional, national or international regulations.
B-component Danger: Harmful if inhaled, swallowed or in contact with skin. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. May cause allergic skin reactions. Harmful / Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Avoid release to the environment. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or physician. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. Dispose of contents and container in accordance with all local, regional, national or international regulations.