EPODEX – PRO MAX System (Resin+Hardener)
The epoxy PRO MAX system is suitable for a wide range of applications. It is our high quality casting resin designed to make river tables and other large items. The PRO MAX system is miscible with all our colour pigment.
Instructions for use
- Always start with an epoxy resin primer to avoid high material loss and blistering (layer thickness: 0,2-0,5mm). To do so, simply use a portion of the same clear epoxy resin. Mix resin A-component with hardener B-component. You can find the right mixing ratio in our information table under the info button “Learn more” on this page.
- Stir through the edge and bottom of the mixing cup as material will settle there. Ideally, pour into a clean mixing cup and mix again until the mixture is streak-free. This ensures that the resin A-component and hardener B-component are completely mixed together.
- Pour the resin-hardener mixture onto the surface to be coated immediately after mixing, as the product may boil in the mixing cup depending on the system and the amount of substance.
- Paint the epoxy primer with a paint roller or brush on the desired surface.
- Let the primer cure. The curing time varies depending on the temperature, layer thickness and epoxy resin system. Please refer to our information table under the info button “Learn more” which can be find on this page.
- Continue with the main coating in the same way. Processing times, pouring heights and curing times vary depending on the epoxy resin system selected and the application. You can find more detailed information in our information table under the info button “Learn more” on this page.
Info: Epoxy resin is sensitive to any kind of moisture during curing (risk of amine blush formation, i.e. white patches in the top layer). For this reason, we recommend that you avoid any contact between water and the epoxy until it has cured completely (at least 7 days). For thin layers, cold temperatures (ambient, substrate, and resin temperatures below 20°C) and increased humidity, the time until the epoxy resin is fully cured may be extended.
Determine the required amount with the help of our epoxy resin “Epoxy calculator” on this page.
Recommended amount of colouring agent per kg of resin+hardener:
- Powder pigments (Metallic, Neon und Glow in the dark): 1,5% (15g),
- Transparent dyes (except white and grey): 60 drops (1,8g),
- Transparent white and grey dyes: 20 drops dye (0,6g),
- Semi-transparent dyes (except white): 40 drops (1,2g) of the desired colour und 20 drops (0,6g) of white dye,
- Semi-transparent white: 60 drops of white dye (1,8g),
- RAL solid colour: 1% (10g),
- Glitter pigments: 1% (10g)
Customer Service: If you have further questions, please contact us by phone, e-mail or use our WhatsApp support.
Note: Please note that due to different lighting conditions and monitors, the colours may not be uniformly displayed.
A-component Attention: reaction product: bis- [4- (2,3-epoxypropoxi) phenyl] propane oxirane, mono [(C12-14-alkyloxy) methyl] derivative
B-component Danger: Reaction product: polyoxyalkyleneamine.
A-component Danger Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye irritation. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. Avoid release to the environment. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Dispose of contents and container in accordance with all local, regional, national or international regulations.
B-component Danger: Harmful if inhaled, swallowed or in contact with skin. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. May cause allergic skin reactions. Harmful / Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Avoid release to the environment. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or physician. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. Dispose of contents and container in accordance with all local, regional, national or international regulations.