EPOXY PRIMER System
EPOXY PRIMER is a one-component, water-based system. The system is used as a primer before applying epoxy resin to floors, tables and walls. This water-based system must be applied thinly in one or two coats of 0.3 mm. Depending on the temperature of the room and the material, the coating is dry after about 8 hours (at 20°C). Our EPOXY PRIMER can be mixed with all our WB PIGMENT colour pastes.
Instructions for use
- The surface to be covered must be dust-free and smooth. Unevenness must be smoothed in advance and holes filled with a levelling compound.
- If the surface is very porous, it is recommended to apply a primer suitable for the material (e.g. a paint undercoat).
- The undercoat prevents the epoxy primer and paint from being absorbed into the substrate.
- Allow the undercoat to dry.
- Mix the can well before use. To do this, shake the can or mix with a stir stick.
- To colour the primer, add approx. 3% of WB PIGMENT to it (e.g. 30g of pigment to 1kg of EPOXY PRIMER) and mix again.
- Pour the primer into a paint tray after mixing.
- Apply the primer in a thin layer on the desired surface with a foam roller. We recommend a layer thickness of about 0,3mm.
- Allow the coating to dry for approximately 8 hours (at 20°C). Curing time may vary depending on room temperature, material and substrate.
- Continue with the main coating. Use our ECO or PRO epoxy resin system as the main coating.
- The main coating can be touched/walked on after approx. 24 hours and is fully chemically cured after approx. 7 days.
120-150g/m² par coating on smooth and non-absorbent surfaces. On highly absorbent surfaces, we recommend priming the surface beforehand (e.g. with an undercoat) to prevent the paint from being absorbed.
Customer Service: If you have further questions, please contact us by phone, e-mail or use our WhatsApp support.
Note: Please note that due to different lighting conditions and monitors, the colours may not be uniformly displayed. All information is recommendations based on our experience; without legal obligation.
EU limit value: (Cat. A/d): 100g/L (2010), max. 100g/L VOC
Danger and Security Statements:
Attention: The product contains preservatives: 1,2-Benzisothiazol-3(2H)-on; 2-Methyl-2H-isothiazol-3-on. Causes serious eye irritation. If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Dispose of contents and container in accordance with all local, regional, national or international regulations. Safety data sheet available on request.