TILE PAINT 2K | All Colours
from £ 39.99 inc. VAT
- Area of application: heavily stressed wall and floor tiles, as well as tiles with permanent water contact, e.g., in showers.
- Note: For wall tiles exposed to normal wear and tear, without permanent water contact, we recommend our more cost-effective Tile Paint 1K.
- Gloss level: satin
- Properties: odourless, abrasion-resistant, waterproof, UV-stabilised, high coverage
- Consumption: approx. 220g/m²
- Working time: approx. 120min.
- Mixing ratio resin and hardener: 5:1 (e.g., 5kg resin to 1kg hardener)
EPODEX 2K Tile Paint
The 2-component system is ideal for painting wall and floor tiles. The hard-wearing paint is easy to apply thanks to its excellent adhesion properties.
Paint your wall and floor tiles yourself now at an affordable cost. Get tips on colour schemes and modern furnishings from our living room designer in the following video!
Instructions for use - STEP BY STEP
- Sand the tiles with sandpaper.
- Cover/tape off surfaces that are not to be covered with a plastic drop cloth and masking tape.
- Pre-clean and degrease tiles with the EPODEX PRE-CLEANER.
- Mix resin (A-component) with hardener (B-component) in a ratio of 5:1 (e.g., 5kg resin: 1kg hardener).
- Move the stir stick through the rim and bottom of the mixing container, as the material will settle there. Transfer mixture to a clean container and mix again.
- Colour the material with the WB pigment supplied. Recommended colour quantity: 5% of the tile paint weight, e.g., 300g colour for 6kg tile paint 2K.
- Apply material and allow to dry (approx. 8 hours at 20°C). Working time: approx. 50 minutes at 20°C.
- Apply further coats until the desired coverage is achieved. We recommend approx. two coats.
- If desired, retouch the tile joints with the EPODEX grout pen and ruler.
EPODEX GROUT PEN - Order now!
Thanks to the flattened tip of the pen, the grout pen adapts to any grout line width and thus ensures quick and clean retouching of the tile grout lines in one single application. For a clean result, we recommend using a ruler.
EU limit value: (Cat. A/d): 140g/L (2010), max. 140g/L VOC
Note: Please note that due to different lighting conditions and monitors, the colours may not be uniformly displayed.
B-Komponenten: Danger: 4,4-Methylen Diphenyldiglycidylether p-Tert-Butylphenyl-1-(2,3-Epoxy)Propylether
Danger and Security Statements:
B-component Danger: Harmful if inhaled, swallowed or in contact with skin. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. May cause allergic skin reactions. Harmful / Toxic to aquatic life with long-lasting effects. Avoid release to the environment. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or physician. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. Dispose of contents and container in accordance with all local, regional, national or international regulations.
|Product Description||Tile paint, tile varnish|
|Scope of Application||Floor tiles and wall tiles with permanent water contact (e.g. shower).|
|Field of Application||Indoor|
|Method of Application||Paint, roll|
|Odour Unfolding during processing||low (after amine)|
|Spray and Drip Behaviour||Very low (no splashes)|
|Processing Temperature||min. 8°C object and ambient temperature|
|Optimal Processing Temperature||20°C|
|Mixing Ratio by Weight Resin (A): Hardener (B)||5:1|
|Pot Life at 20°C||50 minutes at 15kg||Technical Properties|
|Basic Compound||Epoxy resin|
|Consistency||medium viscosity, (drip resistance ensures processing on vertical surfaces)|
|Opacity according to DIN EN 13300*||High (class 1-2, 6-8m² per litre)|
|Coating's Advantages||*abrasion-resistant, hard-wearing, scrub-resistant|
|Water vapour diffusivity/Water vapour permeability DIN EN 1062-1||Medium (Class 2; diffusion-open; sd-value: <0.5m)|
|Paint's Structural Finish||Fine structure, even coating pattern|
|Susceptible to abrasion marks and shiny spots (so-called writing effect)||Low (Touch-Protect-System)|
|Proportion of Binder||High (min. 20%)|
|Proportion of Pigment||High (colour paste content: min. 5%)|
|Maximum Grain Size||fine (≤ 100 µm)|
|Tool Cleaning||Immediately after use with acetone/thinner|
|Storage||cool, dry and frost-free|
|Max. Storage Temperature||25°C|