EPODEX – Hardener (without Resin)
The hardener B-component must be mixed with the resin A-component before use. The Epoxy Systems, consisting of resin and hardener, are suitable for a wide range of applications such as civil, electrical and mechanical engineering. It is a classic coating, laminating and repairing epoxy resin. It can be used as casting resin in layers up to 10cm thick. Coat your floors, table tops and other objects. Our EPODEX Epoxy System are miscible with all our colour pigments.
Instructions for use
- Always start with an epoxy resin primer to avoid high material loss and blistering (layer thickness: 0,2-0,5mm). To do so, simply use a portion of the same clear epoxy resin (to prime floors and other coloured substrates we recommend to use our water-based epoxy resin EPOXY PRIMER system).
- Mix te resin A-component with the hardener B-component in a ratio of 2:1 (e.g. 2kg resin: 1kg hardener).
- Stir through the edge and bottom of the mixing cup as material will settle there. Ideally, pour into a clean mixing cup and mix again until the mixture is streak-free. This ensures that the resin A-component and hardener B-component are completely mixed together.
- Pour the resin-hardener mixture onto the surface to be coated immediately after mixing, as the product can start to boil in the mixing cup.
- Paint the epoxy primer with a paint roller or brush on the desired surface.
- Let the primer cure. The curing time depends on the temperature and the layer thickness. You can find more detailed information in our information table under the “Learn more” button on this product page.
- Continue with the main coating in the same way. If you select a colour on this product page, you will receive dyes or colour pigments in addition to the resin and hardener.
- To colour the main coating, mix the supplied colour with the resin A-component or with resin-hardener mixture. Adjust the colour intensity individually by adding more or less colour pigment.
Info: Epoxy resin is sensitive to any kind of moisture during curing (risk of amine blush formation, i.e. white patches in the top layer). For this reason, we recommend that you avoid any contact between water and the epoxy until it has cured completely (at least 7 days). For thin layers, cold temperatures (ambient, substrate, and resin temperatures below 20°C) and increased humidity, the time until the epoxy resin is fully cured may be extended.
Determine the required amount of resin needed with the help of our epoxy resin “Epoxy calculator” on this product page.
Recommended thicknesses when coating floors and other surfaces
- Overall coating (primer + main coating): approx. 1,65-2,20kg/sqm for layer thicknesses of 1,5-2mm
- Primer: approx. 0,22-0,55kg/sqm for layer thickness of 0,2-0,5mm
- Main layer: approx. 1,10-1,65kg/sqm for layer thicknesses of 1-1,5mm
Recommended amount of colouring agent per kg of resin+hardener:
- Powder pigments (Metallic, Neon und Glow in the dark): 1,5% (15g),
- Transparent dyes (except white, black and grey): 60 drops (1,8g),
- Transparent white, black and grey dyes: 20 drops dye (0,6g),
- Semi-transparent dyes (except white): 40 drops (1,2g) of the desired colour und 20 drops (0,6g) of white dye,
- Semi-transparent white: 60 drops of white dye (1,8g),
- RAL solid colour: 1% (10g),
- Glitter pigments: 1% (10g)
Customer Service: If you have further questions, please contact us by phone, e-mail or use our WhatsApp support.
Note: Please note that due to different lighting conditions and monitors, the colours may not be uniformly displayed.
ECO (B-component) Danger: Reaction product: 3-aminomethyl-3,5,5-trimethylcyclohexylamine and 4,4′-isopropylidenediphenol, oligomeric reaction products with 1-chloro-2,3-epoxypropane m-phenylenebis (methylamine) salicylic acid.
PRO (B-component) Danger: Reaction product: 3-aminomethyl-3,5,5-trimethylcyclohexylamine.
ECO+, ECO MAX, PRO+, PRO MAX (B-component) Danger: Reaction product: polyoxyalkyleneamine.
B-components (ECO, ECO+, ECO MAX, PRO, PRO+, PRO MAX) Danger: Harmful if inhaled, swallowed or in contact with skin. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. May cause allergic skin reactions. Harmful / Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Avoid release to the environment. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or physician. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. Dispose of contents and container in accordance with all local, regional, national or international regulations.