TILE PAINT 2K Hardener (without resin)
The TILE PAINT 2K Hardener (B-component) is mixed with the TILE PAINT 2K Resin (A-component). Both components together form the TILE PAINT 2K epoxy resin system.
It is designed for painting tiles on walls and floors that are subject to heavy wear and tear. This paint is very durable and easy to apply. It is odourless and free of solvents that are hazardous to health.
Consumption Volumes: 120-150g/m² par coating on smooth and non-absorbent surfaces.
Instructions for Use
- Sand the substrate to improve the paint adhesion. To do so, use EPODEX sandpaper.
- Make sure the substrate is clean and free of grease. To do so, use EPODEX PRE-CLEANER.
- Mix the resin A-component with the hardener B-component in a ratio of 5:1 (e.g., 5kg resin: 1kg hardener).
- Stir through the edge and bottom of the mixing cup as material will settle there. Ideally, pour into a clean mixing cup and mix again until the mixture is streak-free. This ensures that the resin A-component and hardener B-component are completely mixed together.
- Mix the clear paint with our water-based colour paste WB PIGMENT to tint it. Recommended amount of paste to be added: Add 5% in weight to the paint. (e.g. 300g colour for 6kg TILE PAINT 2K)
- Apply a coat of paint with a brush or foam roller and let the it dry (approx. 8h at 20°C). (Pot Life/Processing Time: at 20°C: approx. 50 minutes, at 25°C: approx. 35 minutes)
- Reapply as many coats as required to achieve the desired opacity. We recommend applying ca. 2 coats.
- As an option, tile joints can be re-done with our practical EPODEX grouting pen.
Recommendations: Processing temperature: The room and substrate temperatures must be between 8°C and 25°C. Do not apply on heated surfaces or in direct sunlight. Drying problems may occur at low temperatures. Clean tools with water immediately after use.
EU limit value: (Cat. A/d): 140g/L (2010), max. 140g/L VOC
Customer Service: If you have further questions, please contact us by phone, e-mail or use our WhatsApp support.
Note: Please note that due to different lighting conditions and monitors, the colours may not be uniformly displayed. All information is recommendations based on our experience; without legal obligation.
B-Komponenten: Danger: 4,4-Methylen Diphenyldiglycidylether p-Tert-Butylphenyl-1-(2,3-Epoxy)Propylether
Danger and Security Statements
B-component Danger: Harmful if inhaled, swallowed or in contact with skin. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. May cause allergic skin reactions. Harmful / Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Avoid release to the environment. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or physician. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. Dispose of contents and container in accordance with all local, regional, national or international regulations.